Monday, September 25, 2006

Twill be a pun, I fear

I skipped a day on the Content Challenge - do I get flogged for that? Blogflogged? B'flogged?

To make up for it, I'll put up two entries. So there.

First, a short one.

Last night, we went to the "friends and family" pre-opening dinner at the steakhouse that David's brother and sister-in-law are about to open. The food was delicious - I can only indulge in a great big steak every once in a while - but prime rib = yum. And there is a vast potato selection - I will have to go back just to try all the variations.

Anyway, one of our dining companions was the buyer for David's store - she is an amazing artist and a lovely person. She was telling a story from work, how she had misplaced some twill fabric samples, and had been distraught about it.

Me: "So, it was like you'd lost the twill to live."

Now, David hates when I make puns like that. But really, how often is "twill" going to come up in conversation? You have to take your chances when you can.

1 Comments:

Blogger jwer said...

Awesome. What does David know, anyway?

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home