Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nine people's favorite thing

I had a meeting tonight, and my friend had last-minute tickets to a show. I hadn't seen this particular show (sometimes I have to be dragged to the theater) but it's closing soon, so why not. It's about writers writing a show ... one could pick it apart as too self-referential perhaps, or pick it apart for any number of reasons. But it made me cry. I needed to hear what it said, this particular day. And what it said was:

"I'd rather be nine people's favorite thing, than a hundred people's ninth-favorite thing."

3 Comments:

Blogger Gil said...

Well, you are my favorite thing, so that's one.

5:07 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

You are my favorite of David's husbands, and before that, you were my favorite of his boyfriends. Before that, you were on your own, favoriteness-wise.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Crash said...

I'm pretty fond of "Die, Vampires, Die". I've decided to have that song playing every time I sit down to write.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home