Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's not gonna happen, Charmaine.

Walking down Second Avenue today, here was the scene.

HE: shaven-head hipster-ish guy.

SHE: Was Marisa Tomei/Debi Mazar in another life.

SHE: Uh-huh.

HE: It's not gonna happen, Charmaine.

SHE: Uh-HUH.

HE: It's not gonna happen, Charmaine.

SHE: Oh, uh-HUH.

HE: I'm telling you what's gonna happen, and It's. Not. Gonna. HAPPEN. Charmaine!

(SHE makes the finger-loop "he's crazy" sign to the woman walking alongside her. I think this woman is Not Gonna Happen Charmaine's friend, until I realize she has earbuds in and is paying no attention. And walks faster. I walk around the pair.)

HE: Don't fight me with me on the street.

SHE: Oh, yeah.

HE: Because it's not gonna happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gil said...

Did it end up happening?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Broadsheet said...

Oh - see? Because I see a WHOLE blog coming out of this one conversation! Or at least, a "Conversation Overhears of the Day" kinda blog.

Brilliant. But then...you are :-)

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. You with the content. Come back!

Do I have to challenge you? Because I will. Anything to bring back the sweet, Crumblord-y goodness.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home