Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's not gonna happen, Charmaine.

Walking down Second Avenue today, here was the scene.

HE: shaven-head hipster-ish guy.

SHE: Was Marisa Tomei/Debi Mazar in another life.

SHE: Uh-huh.

HE: It's not gonna happen, Charmaine.

SHE: Uh-HUH.

HE: It's not gonna happen, Charmaine.

SHE: Oh, uh-HUH.

HE: I'm telling you what's gonna happen, and It's. Not. Gonna. HAPPEN. Charmaine!

(SHE makes the finger-loop "he's crazy" sign to the woman walking alongside her. I think this woman is Not Gonna Happen Charmaine's friend, until I realize she has earbuds in and is paying no attention. And walks faster. I walk around the pair.)

HE: Don't fight me with me on the street.

SHE: Oh, yeah.

HE: Because it's not gonna happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Did it end up happening?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Broadsheet said...

Oh - see? Because I see a WHOLE blog coming out of this one conversation! Or at least, a "Conversation Overhears of the Day" kinda blog.

Brilliant. But then...you are :-)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Rindy said...

The thing is, the very action he decided was Not Going To Happen (i.e. fighting on the street with Charmaine) is the action he was himself Making Happen in order to declare that it was Not Going To Happen.

Like a Möbius strip.

Help me, I'm dizzy.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Katie said...

Hey. You with the content. Come back!

Do I have to challenge you? Because I will. Anything to bring back the sweet, Crumblord-y goodness.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home