Sunday, April 13, 2008

Things can only get better

The title of this post is also the title of one of my favorite 80s songs -- Howard Jones' 'Things Can Only Get Better."  You probably are more familiar with it as the song where the chorus just goes "whoa-oh oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh" (repeat, repeat, repeat.)  

Today, a friend of ours came over for a "business brunch" -- to catch up on things, but also to discuss possible ways we might be working together in the future (she would be helping one of my projects to move along, and might also be working with David in some way, once she's free of her current work obligations.)

We talked a lot about past work situations and bosses -- mostly about how she and I both have functioned as "emotional sponges" and/or "radiation shields" for bosses in the past -- manifesting someone else's ideas, and apologizing/enabling their bad behavior as they abuse their minions.

I escaped that bad cycle long ago -- although people like that do tend to keep popping up over and over again in my life-- a repeated test from the universe, I suppose.  It's time to point that energy toward manifesting good things.  I feel like things are about to change for the better, quite drastically.  I feel confident about it.

And you'll be the first to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home