Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The children's section

When I first moved to New York, I discovered that my new neighborhood, Yorkville, was the part of town where Harriet the Spy, one of my favorite books, was set.

One day when I had nothing else to do (since I wasn't working yet,) I went to the local branch library to see if they had a copy. They did, so I plopped right down in the children's section to re-read it. As I sat there absorbed in the book, in my sweatpants, windbreaker and baseball cap, wedged into one of the small-scale chairs, I heard something. It was a mother, stage-whispering to her child, who was looking at me. "Don't stare," she hissed. "He's special."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Rob, for making me laugh out loud tonight. I, of course, adore your husband's blog. I'm glad to know that I can learn more about you directly from the source.

Brian
www.faggotyassfaggot.com

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home